Weekly Happenings

I just realized that I don’t really have any new pictures to post.  But that doesn’t mean we haven’t been living!  I don’t remember all the things we did since I last wrote, but I do remember this week.  So we can start with that.

J had a Dr’s appointment.  That’s always an adventure.  I find anytime I have to go somewhere with both kids, it’s an adventure.  It went reasonably well.  J is growing and healthy and had to get shots. (poor baby) But the real adventure was when C asked to go to the bathroom 3 times with no results, and then went in his pants!  Luckily I had a change of clothes.  Whew!  That night I also had a friend over with her son, F.  We are making it a weekly thing, and it is so nice!  C loves playing with F.  And I like time with my friend.  We are going to make food and drum.

Tuesday was C’s speech therapy.  He is talking better, but I don’t know if it’s the therapy (probably not) or just the natural progression of things.  Plus I have been getting him together with kids more regularly.  Last week I even took him to Storytime at the library.  We went when he was little, but stopped for various reasons.  His speech therapist is a sweet girl with an equally sweet voice.  But C likes to just repeat whatever she is saying.  For instance, she held up a cow and asked “What is this?” to which he replied, “is this?”  This went on for some time until I said (in my not-so-sweet mommy voice): “C, what is that?”  And he said, “cow”.  So it is difficult to know what he knows and doesn’t know, because sometimes he just doesn’t answer.  Oh well.  At least it gets him out of the house.

After therapy, we go to a kid gym.  It’s this HUGE warehouse with trampolines and bars and beams and foam pits.  It’s amazing.  And he loves it.  We had to leave a little early, because I wasn’t feeling well.  But it was fun and it wore him out.  Tuesday was also my husband’s birthday.  Well I botched it pretty good.  I slept the rest of the day and didn’t do anything.  It wasn’t very good of me.  But it says a lot of him that he helped take care of things (and me) and didn’t give me crap about missing his birthday!

Wednesdays, I am trying to go to storytime, but I still didn’t feel 100%, so we stayed home.  The previous week he made this cute craft in storytime.  It took 10 minutes to glue random things on a piece of paper.  Then he spent the next 2 days ripping them back off!  At least he enjoyed it.  That night I felt better enough to go to dance class.  And I got cake on the way home for my husband’s (belated) birthday.  It doesn’t make it better, but it was tasty.  I wish I could make a chocolate cake as dense as theirs.  A good baking project.

My husband tilled our whole garden.  Made it twice as big, too.  Pictures to come…

Thursday, we went over my sister-in-law’s house to watch 2 of her kids while she took the other to the dentist.  C loved it.  Playing with cousins is the best!  Then, that night, we went to Mimi and Gramp’s house.  So he got to play with them again!  Double cousin day.  Awesome.

Now, I’m taking stock of my so messy house and trying to come up with a plan to get it back on track.  I can’t just tackle it all – I am so so tired.  I did take a nap.  So that is good.

Also got our electric bill.  Ouch.  Those sub-zero degree days hurt us something fierce.  Even with all the fires we made!  Geez!  I definitely need to crack down on electricity usage.  Speaking of, we made a fire today and I turned the thermostat way down.  We had a day near 80, and now it’s freezing again!  Can’t wait for real Spring.  My next post should be full of Spring-ish flowery pictures.  Til then!




Comments are closed.